Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It Lives! Shazam! Ta-dah!

Perhaps all it took was the decline of an icon to get me back in the game- that poor Florence Henderson was robbed! Shame on the "House of Palin" for remaining upright when it kept collapsing during the show!

Maybe just too much coffee late in the day, and a slow down at the office, has my storytelling fingers itchy ?

Just what has moved me to rekindle an old flame almost a year removed from our last date? Change, and not the kind that you voted for in 2008!

Perhap blogging while working at a very large media empire (with a famous news network or two) creates a sense of fear when there is a company policy to manuever around to avoid getting spanked; or just a real busy schedule keeping my hands tied and away from the blogosphere. Is blogging still happening?

Never the less, in the immortal words of many fun dance songs (Howard Jones, Lisa Stansfield, Jesse McCartney, et al), "i'm leaving".

Yep- after 10.5 years of working in one place I am uprooting to go work at another place (how eloquent, eh?). I have loved my job, company and all it has provided for me along my professional career. The opportunity for growth internally wasn't clear or currently present, so I have found it elsewhere.  I leave with only great feeling and some sadness for those I will miss- and yet a new group awaits!

No comments: