Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Tuesday's Payola Scam

Here is your $10 million question:
If I don't buy it, and you don't request it, why does Jennifer Lopez's music still get played?

The answer:
Because SONY BMG pays dj's to "spin" her records on the radio!

Sony is now paying a $10 million dollar fine for this payola scam. Shouldn't this become a class action lawsuit?
Who hasn't been harmed by the tunes: "Get Right", "Jenny from the Block" (...don't be fooled by the airplay that's been bought...she's as talented as a blood clot....) or "Play"? Hasn't the conscience of the American public been stunted by her? I think I might try for reparations for the damage she has caused me: loss of hair (from pulling it out trying to "get" her popularity), damage to my vocal cords (attempting to hit the same off-notes she does at karioke night at "The Sizzler"), my therapists/plastic surgeon bills (but I think my ass is too small...I want one as big as Jenny's!), and so on...but what I really will need help doing is sleeping at night. Now all I do is lie awake and wonder: "who else has designed from the J-lo line of "the emperor's new clothing".

Who else was I right about? Who else has no talent but is being falsely made into a star?... Britney Murphy? Tara Reid? Wilson Philip? Pauly Shore? Charlie Sheen?....gosh....this list could go on and on.....

No comments: