Thursday, October 04, 2007

Bursting Bubbles One by One (sorry Glinda): stupid questions


On occasion, something, or someone, or something someone has said will hit me in a funny way; not so much a funny "ha ha" kind of way; more like a "WTF?" "that is so annoying" kind of way. It's usually nothing earth shattering like seeing Amy Winehouse eating at a McDonald's, or Courtney Love looking a hell of a lot like Michael Jackson; it's usually much more subtle in the "did anyone else catch that besides me" kind of way. Once I have noticed it, it can't be ignored, like a mosquito bite (but not a west nile one)- it keeps "itching" at me and my sensibilities (note: "MY" sensibilities, I'm taking some huge leeway here) and finally something has to give, and that's where this space comes in. Here's some venting space...


The first bubble I'd like to burst is the idiotic notion that there are, "no dumb questions." No dumb question? Kiss Mo'Nique's ass! And that's a lot of ass! I'm calling "bullshit!" You know it and I know it, so just quit saying it! Yes Virgina, there are, in fact, insipid questions!


Here's a sample: when some one wakes you from a nap and asks, "why are you napping?" or "did I wake you?" or when you eat something that tastes spoiled and they want you to tell them "does this taste bad to you?" Or, is Steven Seagal the best actor of our time...Is the world flat? Does Bush know what he's talking about? Does the war make sense...


Yep...the proof of the pudding is in the eating...chow down on dumb questions!

2 comments:

armalicious said...

I have always believed in the existence of stupid questions. Like the "did you cut your hair" shit.

Radioactive Tori said...

I agree.