Tuesday, October 16, 2007

on my radar: gun sales


Since when does Walgreen's sell machine guns without offering a coupon?


Atlanta's an exciting city these days: "drought of ages" (Def Leppard song maybe?), BET Awards, Trump Towers being built and FBI activity daily, but there is one place that's just hopping in the "City of Peachtree Streets" and that's the Walgreen's at Piedmont and North. Just days ago, Rapper TI was arrested attempting to purchase machine guns and silencers in the parking lot in front of the Walgreen's. What the hell!!!


I could see it happening at a Walmart or Costco, where you'll always find low prices or volume discounts, but a Walgreens? How un-hip is that for the "King of the South" to be doing "the drop" at a Walgreens? My friendly neighbor Carol Wright sends me coupons weekly to go out and give my hard earned dollars to local merchants, but even she doesn't promote Walgreen's; maybe she will now.


Is there mailing list, or FBI list, that gets me access to machine guns? Can I find silencers on eBay, or must I post on Craig'sGunList? I'm just wondering and trying to keep my shopping options open; I hate having to give all my business to Walmart when I can go elsewhere, or at least shop around. Maybe I will ask TI how he heard about the sale...


It is reassuring to know that machine guns and silencers are still easy to come by...

Anyone able to answer me how a Columbine or VTech massacre can happen?

6 comments:

Airam said...

Is Walgreen's like Walmart?

brandy said...

Airam, I was going to ask the same question. These are the troubles us Canadians share. Either way, can I just say the story gets a hundred times more creepy when it references that 'silencers' were being bought? For some reason, I have this idea that only really dodgy men use silencers. And James Bond. But seriously, it's James. He could wear a feather cape and a fruit bowl on his head and I wouldn't think twice. Because you don't question James Bond. You just don't.

armalicious said...

Walgreen's is like a drug store. Where you get prescriptions. They sell other things, too, but nothing like a Walmart. Does Canada have CVS? It's like that if you do.

Honestly, I didn't know that they even allowed Walgreen's in the South. But you're right...there should have been a coupon. The have those damn coupon books for everything else.

EF said...

hey ladies..what a fanciful trio to be hearing from! Walgreens'is a convenience store (apparently more convenient than I knew) that gets ya all your staple, massage oil and lubricants, gatorade, prescriptions, make-up and snacks...everything ya might need for a weekend...;-) Silencers just seal the deal!

Radioactive Tori said...

You can also apparently get vibrators there. I had no idea it was such full service there.

egan said...

Canadian girls, think Shoppers Drug Mart... that's the best comparison I can give you. Brandy, do they have White Spots in Alberta? I learned they aren't in Ontario this week.