Monday, April 13, 2009

Pins, Needles and Razors

I am on pins and needles today, just giddy with the possibilities of what NASA may name its space station module tomorrow. Will they go with "Colbert", since that won the "name that" contest? or might they go with something more trendy, like Apple or "Bono"? I like the idea of either Obama or Oprah, personally. Then we could just call it "the Big O in space", "can anybody hear you scream?"

I stumbled, or should I say stubbled, across this controversy today.
I thought it was a hoot that this video/commercial was even made. My serious thought is "who penned the lyrics?" You know it ain't Diane Warren or Carol King, but during these hard economic times, even songwriters have to make a few Benji's to keep hotpockets in the freezer (along with their Grey Goose). I'm gonna put money on Katy Perry ("tulips on the mound....pretty clever!) or Samantha Fox! Can you imagine the pitch meeting...

It's nice they kept the ad so politically correct, I just wonder why they didn't pair this ad with lawn food or weed killer products.

4 words to remember..."tulips on the mound"


1 comment:

egan said...

Yo, happy birthday bro! I hope you're having a most excellent birthday.