Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Suddenly Single

Single again...

"I was just a boy, sitting in front of a TV show, no longer loving her"


What would once be met with a joyous uproar now barely gets a "meh" from moi.
A barely audible response of indifference was my reaction when I heard that "The Hills" had been renewed for MTV. Who gives a rip for season 5?

Yes, I have outgrown my relationship and I have ended the long time love of my Monday nights...I broke up with The Hills.

Well, like, who hasn't? The ratings are sinking like Lady Gaga in front of a line up of naked sailors. Yep, it's gotten down and dirty fast! Even the queen bee has chosen to walk away- Lauren Conrad has left the Hill...the rest will soon come tumbling after. Maybe she can now give more time to her clothing line before it....ooops, too late.

Its not to say we didn't have a nice run for awhile; I was so hot and heavy into everything Lo, Audrina or Brody had to say or wear. I was a quoting fool of all the best Justin Bobby lines (ALL of them), and when it came to Speidi- nobody loathed them half as good as me (besides David Letterman)...I was the consummate fan.

Maybe it was the trip east, for Whitney, that was my last straw. Like a fan of Destiny's Child feels once Beyonce has left and only reunites for charity singles; it is just not the same. I suddenly found myself cheating on the gang- switching over to watch other shows on Monday nights- and liking them! Liking them more than the plots of The Hills even! Okay, maybe that is stretching the concept of a plot too much, but even Dancing with the Stars became more engaging (and quite a good lot of eye candy to boot scoot boogie with).

So, it's over. Done. Finito.
R.I.P. "The Hills" may the sun finally set on you soon...

I'm moving on, Lauren's moving on, Whitney has left, the sex has gone as stale as a Speidi fight; why stay around any longer?

The Hills is starting to resemble a 14 year old dog, half-blind, half-deaf and with only 3 working legs...won't somebody put it out of it's misery?

3 comments:

egan said...

You slay me, starting to resemble? Come on, for those not hooked by the show.. .it's always felt like a 14 year old.

EF said...

Remeber bro, "The Hills" and I were dating- you have to show some partiality to the ones you used to love. It is only those on the outside, who always shook their heads in disbelief, that saw it as the 14 year old dog it was/is...

Princess Pointful said...

I never even let the Hills get to first base with me. Ha!