Wednesday, July 15, 2009

HP6: Magically Delicious!


Hip-hip-hooray!

I caught a premiere showing of Harry Potter last night and thoroughly enjoyed it!
Yes, this is from the same person who is enjoying this seasons Bachelorette, but don't hate on that! I know it's just fluff! It's not rocket science like Wipeout!

To help set the record straight, I didn't wait up past midnight to catch it, I got a sneak peek- and the only reason why I clarify that is to help prove I am impartial; as much as I may like Madonna, I'm not afraid to call out her in Body of Evidence, Shanghai Surprise , Who's that Girl, Speed the Plow her movie choices SweptAway. I'm not one of the crazy ones who dress up and and wait for hours/days in line to catch the Half-Blood Prince at the striking of midnight, or counted down the days till the final book came out.

Ok, getting the Deathly Hollows, at Waterstones, in London, on July 20th, 2007, way past midnight, on what is otherwise known as "opening night of sales" is a totally different story! (Tom) Riddle me this...Where were you when the final book came out?

Anywho...the movie is great, but advice for the book lover, don't brush up on the storyline before you go- there are some deviations from the book that may disappoint some of the "true hearts". But taken as its own movie, it's a wonderful adventure and has you primed for the final two installments...2010 and 2011 can't come soon enough!

2 comments:

Ben said...

I'll be honest. Not a huge HP fan, only read up to half way through the sixth book, but was lured to a preview screening like you.

(God I love exclusivity)

It was a fun movie but I couldn't tell someone what happened in it. I didn't find the story was as strong as the book. Maybe they tried to do too much in 2.5 hours?

Radioactive Tori said...

My kids were a little upset with some of the changes. They did love it, but kept talking about things they change/left out.