Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My Sport- GO USA!


Once every four years an amazing thing happens- people are exposed to, and appreciate, sports where the players have to make a living doing a "real" job to afford their passion. How mighty it is to have a swimmer so applauded amongst all the highly-over paid professional athletes. Kinda like a happy David and Goliath story, if you're into that kinda thing. As a long time swimmer and water polo player I welcome the Olympics like MTV does the return of "The Hills"...

Go USA water polo!

I've got to imagine out there somewhere, a trampolinist is saying the exact damn thing!

7 comments:

Essentially Me said...

I think anything in the water is an awesome sport because that means the guys are half nekkid!!

megabrooke said...

you and your brother and your swimming ways!

can we talk hills now?

EF said...

Ah Maria...let me count the ways that i love you. we think so alike!

Brookem: bring it on- let's guess who will be the first to cry next week...and what's up with Doug hooking up w/ everyone? old high school friend? must have blossomed since then since he never made it past Laguna Hills cutting room floor!

Radioactive Tori said...

I'm going to have to agree with Maria. And you too. Swimming is very fun to watch.

egan said...

I'm going to buy myself a sweet water polo cap in the spirit of the Olympics.

I love how you tied in The Hills to this post. Well done.

The first week of the Olympics are the bomb. I'm kind of sad it will be another four years until we get to watch some awesome relay comebacks. The medley relay was my favorite swim event. That Lesak guy was most impressive.

EF said...

tori: might there be a slight bias for swimming- since you are a swimmer? :-)

egan:that cap will top off any FKT ensemble magnificently and more importantly patriotically

egan said...

Bring on the water polo cap I say. Maybe we can get the Republicans to wear them during the RNC.