Monday, November 05, 2007

on my radar: croc-oh-die! flops


With this news coming in today, I'm certainly rethinking my belief in a god.




Hallelujah! I was so sure that one of the seven signs of the Apocalypse was the invention of these shoes(along with Demi Moore giving birth to a soulless child, of course); their demise might just be the thing that makes me feel safe again! Could it have been that their indestructible rubber lost them repeat customers? Might the "garish shades of yuck" finally been found to only flatter clown apparel? The only thing that could have ever brought these shoes any lower in my eyes was if Britney might have been wearing them while waltzing into her local Malibu Starbucks and and lost one of them amongst the throng of the overzealous paparazzi and been handed it back by a TMZ reporter. That's pretty low!


I dub these things a "croc o' shitty taste!"


6 comments:

Radioactive Tori said...

BUT they are super comfy. And I think they are cute on little kids.

brandy said...

Dude. I was reading an article about whatshername... Emmy Rossum- the girl who was in the Poseidon Adventure and Phantom of the Opera and she has taken crocs to a whole new level. She actually uses her old pair as a planter. In her garden. What the hell is wrong with just putting flowers in a pot? Why put them in your old shoe? I do not understand people.

EF said...

Hey Radio- how ya doing? Hope all is well with your kids! I do have a soft spot for kids and could give them a pass on this, but so often the kids are wearing a pair that matches their parents and that just doesn't work for me. Maybe up to 12 or so.

Brandy..maybe that's what the Dutch used to do with tulips and clogs and she was going for something more modern? Carrie Bradshaw would be dying!

egan said...

I think you secretly love Crocs bro. They are the new flip flops. You see them everywhere at triathlons since they slip on easily and are quite comfy. For the record, I tried on a pair at Ironman Canada, but didn't buy.

Airam said...

Their stock is doing really well.

EF said...

Eg...just dont put Anna in them!
Airam- last reports said the stock was dropping...had been doing real well, but was weakening...so sad..;-)