Thursday, July 10, 2008

on my radar: Ode to the Brinkley's


Uptown guy,
He's been living in an Uptown lie
I bet he never thought he'd cry
I bet his lawyer never told him why

He went and tried for an Uptown girl
She'd been living in her Hampton's world
As long as anyone with hot blood can
She was looking for hubby #4
That's what he was

And when he knows what
He wants from her time
And when he wakes up
And makes up his mind

She'll see he's not up to snuff
Just because
He's in love with a toy store girl
He met her in his uptown world
She was sexy there playing with toys
And all he thought was, "oh my, oh boy"
He bought her toys

Uptown girl
You know he can't afford the suit they're in
But maybe someday when the truth comes out
Everyone will understand the guy he's been
And then she'll win

And when she testifying
She's looking so fine
And when he's lying
She'll say that the kids are mine

She'll say I'm not so smart
Just because
I'm in love
With a toy store clerk
Now I'm acting like the classic jerk
Suing her for stuff I never owned
Because of the chick I boned
Thats what I am

Uptown Girl
She was my uptown girl
You know I'm not in love
With my uptown girl



6 comments:

megabrooke said...

oof, not a great pic of christie! now that song is stuck in my head (and also feist, after your lovely rendition of it on my blog!).

remember when christie was in national lampoon's vacay? that was on the other night. LOVE that movie.

EF said...

Brookem: I guess you could save Christie's life imitated her movie...only in her life the hubby strayed with a toy store gal, not a hot vixen in a red convertible!
Perhaps her next role could be the waitress Yvonne Biasi in, "It could happen to you"

brandy said...

You know, you amaze me with this ability of yours. You really are the wind beneath my wings.

Also Peter Cook sounds like a psycho. If I was married to him and found out he a) cheated on me with a girl who probably rates "High School Musical" as her favourite movie and b) used to sell drugs, got arrested and never told me- I'd follow through on Jesse Jackson talk and actually chop his nuts off. (I guess I could have made a Bobbit reference, but I like to keep my references cutting edge).

EF said...

Ah shucks Brandy! Thanks! Sadly this power doesn't hold a candle to a Hiro's or Sylars, hence I will fight crime in the blogosphere where my powers seem more vast! Props for the JJ reference- and I thought we'd miss someone as salty as Jesse Helms..what is in a name? It used to be a favorite uncle with great hair or my bestfriend who had a girl that i wanted to make mine...

Dizzie said...

Does this mean Ed Burns is single again???? or am I confusing models here?

EF said...

Heart: you've scrambled them, but...does it really matter? Well, if Ed was available that would be important to know!