Tuesday, April 08, 2008

on my radar: dog day afternoon


While I was walking up the sidewalk/hill in West Hollywood today (yes, contrary to what the Missing Persons may claim, "nobody walks in LA", I was hoofing it), my eyes and ears straining to catch any whiff or sound of a "Speidi spat" going on within the vicinity, or a "Lauren lunch", which, based on what I see on "The Hills", happens all the time, I found myself overhearing a most amusing conversation, one which could safely be dubbed as, "only in LA."

The harried and preoccupied woman walking (or should I say hogging the sidewalk with little concern that I was being forced to walk on the grass...)next to me was attached to a seemingly excited dog restrained by its leash and owner. As she plowed by me, frantically yakking on the cellphone growing out of her hand/ear, I distinctly heard her say, "...honey, he's taken his anti-anxiety medicine and yet this is already his second walk of the day and it's not even dark out!"

WTF?!!

Ah, the day has come when the dogs are on meds and the owners are freakin' if they "aren't" working. There is just so much wrong with this scene! Little did I know I was walking next to a dog whisperer and puppy pill pusher; diagnosising and prescribing! The whole experience made me think of the Swans, from "Best in Show," when they freak out about finding a bumble bee for their dog...

Ah, LA!

2 comments:

megabrooke said...

seems like it might benefit her to pop some of those pills. she sounds a litty goony.

heidi and audrina being friends again? lauren's opposition to this? your thoughts?

EF said...

I'm awaiting the episode when Ashton comes out and says we've been Punkd! Heidi and Audrina bff's? What do they share, a crappy photographer connection? I think their friendship pushes the show abit too far into "that'd never happen in real life." Wait, which part of the Hills isn't like that?