Monday, April 28, 2008

on my radar: Soda Wars


I wasn't quite sure what to make with the mythology of what happens when you add a Mento's to a Coke until I ran across this article; this makes me very worried about what college students are studying these days.

1500 students, from Belgium, tried to out-fizz the previous record for so-called Mentos fountains by simultaneously putting Mentos mints into bottles of the soft drink. The resultant chemical reaction shot hundreds of streams of carbonated soda into the air.

The explosive record-breaking event was held in Ladeuzeplein square in Leuven, Belgium.

Rejoice! Maybe we can use the knowledge/technology to hold "soda wars" with Iraq and get rid of our nuclear arms!

I hope someone passed out some Orbit gum to clean up the mess!

3 comments:

Essentially Me said...

Wow, someone actually paid research dollars for that?

egan said...

Dirty mouth?

EF said...

Kinda puts the whole "pop rocks/coke exploding stomach" stories to shame, eh?

I want to know who's paying to clean it all up!!