Sunday, December 07, 2008

Grammy's can you hear me?


Finally someone in Grammy land is listening!

Sorry lambs, no Grammy nods this year for Mariah "touch my body" Carey!
I couldn't be happier, and neither could Duffy, Adele, Leona, Sarah, Pink, or....Katy? Whats up with the cherry chapstick sneaking in and kissing the recording academy?

Every year about this time, I channel Terry McMillan, breath held until all the Grammy nominations are announced, and then I exhale; usually it's a sigh of disappointment, acknowledging that my favorite musicians have been overlooked for overwrought artists with huge publicity machines, but this year I am almost okay with the whole slate of nominees- almost.

A "no mention" for Mariah is almost as good as a nod for Annie Lennox- almost(and yes, to all you haters, 2 well placed nods to Madge makes me smile!).
While really enjoying many of the female nominations in pop, I do regret when one of my all-time favorite voices, Ms. Lennox, who is eligible to be nominated this year, is overlooked by someone who kissed a girl. Really? Perhaps this will give hope to Katie Holmes come Oscar nominations time or Heidi Montag Emmy time? No really, I kid!

I'm holding out for Tia Carrere ("Wayne's World, party on, Cassandra is so hot!") to kick ass and clean up in the Best Hawaiian Music Album!

1 comment:

Princess Pointful said...

The fact that "I kissed a girl" is nominated is almost as horrible as "My Humps" actually winning a Grammy.
*shudder*