Wednesday, March 11, 2009

ubiquitous

Apparently, Facebook is all the rage. (FYI- "The Hills", RIP)

Take a moment to compose yourself- it be true! Wipe the smirks off of your face, I have known about it for quite awhile now, but, unlike the new 90210, this actually did gather steam and become something. It's just when my peeps and co-workers are discussing it, Facebook is quickly becoming the motorcycle careening about 2/3rd of the way across the shark tank, heading towards the crash landing.

2/3rd of the population are on fb and now more people are using facebook email to converse than regular email, NFW!! It is almost impossible to avoid a FB-based discussion these days....crazy I tell you!

So my question, what's next? Will the mainstream flock to Twitter and tweet all day?
Or is the use similar enough that "the sequel" won't equal the original? Damn You Valley of the Dolls "Matrix Reloaded" and Cheryl Ladd!

Ok, back to your status updates, and you know what I mean...

3 comments:

SM said...

I'm a reformed Facebook user. And it crappy seeing how incredibly popular it's becoming. I'd love to start a new account and connect with all these friends of mine who are on. But I have to remember why I stopped in the first place.

I'm sure it will lose steam once something new comes along and replaces it. I mean seriously...once upon a time myspace was big. Now it's facebook. Soon it will be something else. It's evolution, my friend.

Radioactive Tori said...

My mother in law tried to friend me on facebook. I had such a strong reaction that I did NOT want her reading my insane stuff that I didn't know what to do. On the one hand, it would be ridiculous to start a whole new account and not tell her about it I did for real consider it!) And I don't say anything bad, just am sort of immature sometimes and I don't want her reading that the mother of her grandchildren is so immature sometimes. So I did nothing. And I pretty much stopped using my account so when/if she ever asks, I can truthfully tell her I almost never go on there. I have issues apparently. Because really a grownup person would just friend her and let her read whatever she wanted to.

EF said...

SM: I am so there with you on this. I have dipped my toe in it via an alias (oops TOS) and I am managing that ok. But, it's not that great, besides being a blackhole of time.

Tori: I agree! Part of my hesitation is exactly that; I don't need my friends, family and co-workers comingling in my world at once. I do hear that the new version of FB is adding additional levels of control that may allow you to keep family from friends, etc...much saner!