Monday, March 02, 2009

Snow-topped memories


The snow crashed down on Atlanta yesterday, and it lasted about as long as the solo careers of the first two chicks from Destiny's Child. No, not Michelle and Kim- they are WAY more successful.

This made me think of Robert Frost and his "Road Not Taken" poem. No, there is no snow in his poem, just the two paths going in separate directions, and, I am pretty sure, there aren't any busted-down ex-girl group singers wandering along that proverbial road of Robert Frost's, since "the leaves were unstirred", but still I wonder, "what's up with LeToya and Farrah these days?" What road, apparently a hell of a lot less Beyonce traveled, did they end up wandering down? Has either of them been part of "Dancing with the Stars" or "Celebrity Apprentice"? Are they really the "Survivors" that the CD wanted us all to believe? Just where are they?

Maybe they are selling hair extensions on HSN, old Dereon couture at flea markets or mixing it up as back-up dancer on the PussyCat Dolls videos. Naw, I doubt Nicole would let them on the set, "they got to go".

HHmmm. I think I have given them more "thought time" than most.

I guess the snowfall just made me nostalgic.

Next.

2 comments:

Ben said...

Oh! One of them - LeToya I think - had a top 20 hit a year or two ago and runs some clothing store somewhere.

The other? I'm guessing she works at Sonic.

EF said...

Ben: let me go check the local music store's discount bin and see if I can find "Torn" anywhere- thanks for reminding me! I'm sure it'll be next to a Cindy Birdsong LP.