Monday, February 04, 2008

on my radar: Zapruder redux?

The Superbowl is over. Football is over. Finally, my weekends are free, again!

I am okay with the Giants win; their defense, in my humble critique, is what made the difference. Sure, I was rooting for the Patriots, mainly to see history made in a 19-0 season and to quit hearing about the '72 Dolphins, and because I just like Wes Welker (what a great "underdog story of achievement") and Tom is hot, but the loss doesn't have me suffering like Jeff Conway in "Celebrity Rehab."

BUT, I swear, on what will soon be known as "The Catch 2", the spectacular catch made by Tyree that allowed the Giants to keep possession of the ball and push for the game-winning TD, I saw that ball touch the ground. Was I alone? I was shocked there wasn't a replay or challenge to the call....Did my 20-15, lasik enhanced vision, let me down at this critical moment? Here's the video, would you have questioned the call? Watch when the helmet and ball come down.

Catch or Not?

3 comments:

megabrooke said...

Sucks about the Pats. Was thinking the same thing about needing a challenge on that one! Yes, Tom is a looker indeed. Last night he was looking a bit peakid (peekid?), no?

EF said...

Hey Brookem! He looked all kinds of frazzled, and on the big screen tv, he looked dazed and somewhat red-eyed; I'd love to know if itwas something other than the Giants' defense that snookered him; was Jessica Simpson there?

egan said...

Ixné on the ouchté of the football. That was a clean catch. Sadly I wanted the Pats to win that game too. I'm sick of the '72 Dolphins.