Monday, August 27, 2007

on my radar: an act of contrition?


Lying beside you, here in the dark (prison cell)
Feeling your heart beat with mine
Softly you whisper, you're so sincere (they'll forget in a year)
How could our fans be so blind
We sailed on together (dog fighting ring)
We drifted apart (when the Fed's found out)
And here you are by my side (busted!)


So now I come to you (my fans, NFL, Arthur Blank), with open arms
Nothing to hide, believe what I say (this time around)
So here I am with open arms
Hoping you'll see what your love (money) means to me
Open arms (and I found Jesus, by the way...)


Living without you, living alone (no contracts or endorsements)
This empty (dog)house seems so cold
Wanting to choke you, wanting you near
How much I wanted you home (but not where the dogs were dug up)
But now that you've come back (don't call it a comeback!)
Turned night into day
I need you to "stay" (perform well or I will kill you!).

7 comments:

Airam said...

That guy's an asswipe.

megabrooke said...

what a douchebag. and i use that word selectively.

but i flippin love journey, so thank you for that.

armalicious said...

Oh, brotha! This is funny. I love how he's all sad and sorry. He made a mistake, my ass. The same mistake for 7 years? A mistake is forgetting to claim something on your taxes once or something like that. Knowingly breaking the law for almost a decade is not a mistake. Grrrr...

EF said...

I am so with you all...imagine what it's like being here in Atlanta and having all this crap going on!
I saw this sign, "everyone makes mistakes"...and I wanted to say "for 7 years?" or "well you can bet on that!"...but I just smiled, shook my head, and walked on...

Radioactive Tori said...

I heard that he said that he was acting immature and needed to grow up. My kids need to grow up but they have never broken laws or hurt anyone! I am so angry that he blamed it on being immature and needing to grow up! I'd be willing to bet my kids would have known it was not the right thing to do and my oldest is only 9.

EF said...

radio...were you being "punny" when you said you'd be willing to bet? That's the part that drives me nuts regarding the NFL stuff...the gambling...he's making mistakes FOR PROFIT! (and dead puppies). If your contract says you can't gamble...and you do (another set of elipses) no more career! amongst other things!

Radioactive Tori said...

Yes, that little pun was my lame attempt at being funny. I am really way too tired to be funny right now. My son is sleepwalking all night and screaming. Not fun. But I agree with you on this.