Thursday, August 09, 2007

on my radar: fallen stars


It humbles me to admit (or is it a badge of pride) that I have never seen any of the follow-up movies to "Star Wars"; humbles me because it kinda takes me down a notch when I claim to be so on the know of most things pop culture. I would never claim to be "Stephen Kingly" connected, because he is just freakishly on the hook with everything, but I think I could pass a random quiz if I had to....just don't make me pick Star Wars categories.


So, I'm just wondering, since I didn't watch those other movies, did things get so bad for the evil empire: death star blowing up and all, Jedi's exacting revenge, making us (you, not me) deal with Jar-Jar, sending Sith's out to do a man's job, and attacking clowns (or was that a Judy Collins song?) that Darth Vader had to do his own shopping back here on Earth? I mean, even without a home planet, I could swear the technology they had could have atleast "beamed" something to him! How sad must it have been to crush galaxies, bust still have to wait in the 7-11 line? And what's with Coke? I so would have guessed him to be a Pepper!


Just another reason why Star Wars fans (geeks) get their arses kicked by Harry Potter people at the conventions!

7 comments:

Airam said...

I didn't watch any of them either but I did make sure to collect all of their super cool toys!

EF said...

That just seemed a tad bit dull/Star Trekky to me...yawn!

armalicious said...

Ha! This whole post cracks me up. Especially Harry Potter people kicking Star Wars fans arses. Poor Darth Vader...I think he's misunderstood.

Stephen King is really on the hook with pop culture isn't he? The man is amazing...it's really all I can say about him. Le sigh.

brandy said...

Alas, I have yet to see them either (And something makes me think brookem hasn't either. This could be true, or it could be me making up a random fact about her). And I waited until I was 21 until I actually got my own glow in the dark lightsaber for work. Wow. You could take that sentence so many ways.

Airam said...

What can I say .. I'm a big geek.

megabrooke said...

ha! brandy knows me all too well. i know, NOT A THING about anything star wars related. at all.

but i do QUITE enjoy that you said "on the hook"... that phrase is a gem and i need to remember to bust that out more often.

FRIDAY!

EF said...

Hey All- seems like we are in on the non-SW thing together! My younger brother (not Egan) LOVED Star Wars and all things about it....cups, figurines, sheets, light sabres...guess I had the recessive Star War gene...phew!
Just finished reading Stardust...now out in the movie format at a local cinepex... next up The Golden Compass...