Monday, July 16, 2007

on my radar: d'l'eau!

With all respect to the French and Homer Simpson: d' l'eau! It's hella raining in London!
The rain in Spain has fallen mainly on jolly old England!
It's as if I found myself in Seattle, but everyone was speaking funny, and it wasn't Canadian! There is the comfort of a Starbuck's on every corner and the coverage of Beckham everywhere...and then all the rain. It's like I never really left Seattle. Maybe this is just a wet dream? The children, muggles every one of them, do have striking resemblances to Mr. Potter, and damn if this city is not atwitter as to the fate of the youngster!

I had the fortune to come into the city via Victoria Station...every tourist is smacking their head walking into Platform 9 3/4th...sadly these kids must not realize that they actually need to be at King's Cross Station, then they would get somewhere!

I'd much rather be running around with Rihanna or Mary Poppin's at this moment since she has the magic um-ber-ella! ella ella ella!

5 comments:

armalicious said...

Can you be any more awesome with this post? No, really, can you? Let me just start with the Rihanna reference. Ask Airam how much I love that song. And now it shall be stuck in my head all day and I won't be able to get anything done until I go to YouTube and watch the video (and this is how I don't get anything done all day...).

Too bad that it's raining on you in London. While I love the occasional thunderstorm where I live, I could not handle the constant and incessant rain that London is famous for having. All. The. Time.

If you see Hagrid, be sure to give him a big hug for me!!

EF said...

It was actually a wee bit scary yesterday when a booming clap of thunder sounded off and people thought it was an explosion...not so fun! I was in a pub then, when people realized what it was we all had a good laugh...;-)Damn was it dumping rain!

Anything but a big huge wouldn't do justice for hagrid...I think we finally learn his secret in Hallows...and the dragon returns...

Airam said...

Ha!

I love London ... rain or no rain I think I'd be so happy just being there. That's how much I want to go.

Randi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
egan said...

It's as if Seattle is the worst place on earth. My wife says London is a neat city. She did have a problem with the people calling her "lassie".